Joining the SVEA-Aspiring Educators has many advantages:
- You'll be part of the leading group in Virginia watching out for future educators and have the full backing of the 40,000 members of the Virginia Education Association. Instantly, you'll have a professional community.
- You'll get help with topics that you need to know and understand, like time and classroom management, lesson planning, handling stress, and many more.
- You'll have outstanding learning and leadership opportunities through VEA conferences, micro-credential classes, in-person and virtual professional development and student conventions.
- You'll get the liability insurance you'll need to protect yourself during student-teaching and practicums.
- You'll have the change to network with both future and current educators from all around the state.
- You'll have access to all the money-saving benefits and discounts that current VEA members enjoy, along with professional publications and websites.
- You'll have a running start on your career -- and a good time!
Connect with SVEA Aspiring Educators today and start getting the support and opportunities you need immediately!
The SVEA-AE State Board is hosting a “Not- So-Scary Job Search” professional development event on November 6th from 9:30 am-1:00 pm. This virtual meeting will detail the ins and outs of finding a teaching job in today's market. Join us to hear guest speakers on the topics of resume building as well as a panel of professionals in education speak on job-searching. It’s never too early to start! We hope to see you there. Register here
For the full picture of VEA’s election efforts, go to the VEA Votes landing page. You’ll find information about deadlines, candidate recommendations, and much more.
double-occupancy room, dinner, breakfast, and lunch)